Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring Mantel

Yesterday I shared a very impromptu project with you... my non-inspiring mantel.  Well, not anymore!
After deciding once and for all to paint it white, I can tell you I have had more fun dressing it up!  
So, without further ado, here is the new and very much improved mantel, dawning its Spring colors!
Sorry for all the pics... can you tell I'm excited?  
 I was very much inspired by Angie's mantel @ Beneath the Magnolias.  When I saw the pitchers, old books and fresh boxwood (my favorite), I knew I could create my own version of this with things I had on hand.
Fresh boxwood from the front yard adds to the Springy-ness!  
I had to spray paint the other candle holder to match, it was a dark bronze color, 
both were found at a local resale store a few months ago for under $5.
I've been dying to do something with the old windows I purchased at a local antique mall!  
When I look at them, I can't help but think about where they came from, I'm fascinated with their history.

So, one more time... the before (last years mantel)...
and after:
  I'll be linking up to:
TDC Before and After

11 comments:

Laura@Elegant Nest said...

Looks great Alicia! Love the fresh boxwood sprigs...I always try to use natural elements in my decor, and what better way than to just go outside with your clippers?!

Angie said...

Oh Alicia! It looks sooo good! I love the different shapes of the white pitchers and the old window and the little bird cage. It all came together so beautifully. And you did all of this without purchasing a thing? Awesome!

Kari said...

I love how it turned out! And that wreath is so cute! I sooo wish I had boxwood to cut since it looks so good against white. Great job!

Erica said...

I love how it is symmetrical but asymmetrical at the same time. It goes so well! LOVE it.

Sarah said...

I love your mantel its so fresh, clean, and springy!

Holly @ Bella Nest said...

Hi, Alicia! Your springy mantel is adorable! It's so bright and fresh with all the pretty white accents! I'm your newest fan. Please stop by bellanest.blogspot.com any time. =)

Debbiedoos said...

Your mantel is so pretty Alicia! Would love to have you join in later at my weekly newbie party.

Allyson McGuire said...

I just found your blog through Days of Chalk and Chocolate, and I love it! New follower. Your craft room post was just incredible - I can't wait to read more.

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

Katie @ Creatively Living said...

Very, very pretty! I love all the white accents!

Thanks for linking it up @ Creatively Living!
--Katie

Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon Designs said...

It was nice last year, but the white looks fabulous! I love the window and egg wreath! Pretty pretty! Thanks for sharing!

Take care,

Trish

Mimi@blueroofcabin said...

Beautiful job girl, love the mantle in white!! I am on the hunt for some pretty white pitchers now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...