Friday, February 03, 2012

Steal of a Deal... Old Windows

Happy Friday to you!  I hope you've had a great week!  We've been working on a cute message board for the walk-in pantry using an old window.  I picked up several from a local antique store for $12 each, all of them different. 
 The day I purchased these, I saw another person walk out with two four paned windows.  I asked the lady at the counter if the seller had more available.  She just so happened to be the seller and brought four more in from her car.  She hadn't had a chance to clean them up, so this is how they looked when she bought them...
I fell in love with all the details.  Old hinges, chipping paint, rusty latches...
 There are so many things you can do with old windows.  I've pinned several ideas... like this one here:
This idea comes from my cousin, Angie @ flibbertigibberish.  Her husband snagged these old french doors from another man's dumpster, with permission, of course.  I love how they're used to display pictures of their precious kids!
I plan to do something similar with the eight paned window,
displaying black and white photos of our wedding day.
 Now, about that message board for the pantry...  hubby cut me two pieces of MDF for both openings.  We also purchased galvanized metal flashing for the top to make a magnet board and the bottom will be a chalkboard for writing down pantry items, etc.  I adore the handle and have decided to hang a towel from it for cleaning off the chalkboard.  I'd like to add some hooks on either side for my aprons.  We're almost done with this project.
Will post results soon!  Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Lorie said...

I LOVE old windows! These are gorgeous! An a great project! Thanks for linking up!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...