Sunday, March 25, 2012

Home Office Reveal

    After much organization and accessorizing, I am so happy to show you my completed home office.  
This is where I'll blog, craft and stamp.  Here are pictures of the before, during,
  and after!
Grab some coffee, take a seat and enjoy... there are LOTS of pictures!
 Every box, basket, jar and ceramic bowl holds my supplies.  I wanted it to be both functional and eye appealing.
When accessorizing the Expedit, I applied Beth's tips on how to decorate shelves, creating visual triangles.
 The drapes were made by me, using Bedazzle Silver Lining by Waverly.
 This super soft rug came from Home Goods.  My feet are in love!
The gallery wall was created using frames I had on hand and others I found at thrift stores and Home Goods.  
The lamp came from Home Goods and the dresser is a Craigslist find for $55!
My dear friend, Autumn (from my college years) sent me this card after our Pampered Chef weekend together.  
I love the message and the colors are perfect for the new space.
The mat will be framed with black and white pictures of the kids and will be hung above the light blue cabinet.  The cork boards came from Ava's room.  I will be covering them with this fabric, for my memo and inspiration boards.
Waverly Cross Section in Charcoal
Special thanks to Mimi @ Blue Roof Cabin for having a giveaway to celebrate her one year blogiversary.  
Sweet Ava Kate was chosen and this Pottery Barn globe came home with me.
My inspiration for this room comes from Megan @ Honey We're Home
 I fell in love with her home office, especially the drapery fabric and then it evolved from there.  
Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great week!  

I'm linking up to these great parties:
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch 
InvolvingColor
DIY Show Off Project Parade
TDC Before and After

13 comments:

Susan said...

Eeeek!! I LOVE it!! Those drapes are gorgeous! The Expedit is perfect in there. I love your entire set up. Congrats on being finished!! Can't wait to craft with you in that room!! xoxo

Mimi@blueroofcabin said...

I love the drapery fabric, the gallery wall is perfection & how great is that shelving unit!?! you are so organized now I am jealous. Oh and the globe, of course I love the globe! You did a great job putting that together!

Beth said...

Yay! What a fantastic retreat! You did a wonderful job :).

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

Oh wow! I love how your office turned out! Thank you so much for sharing it with me. It's so nice to have a pretty space! Enjoy:)

the cape on the corner said...

amazing! fabulous! i love the drapes you made, the whole lighter and brighter feel in here. i don't have any place for crafting, and the area that is in the works is nothing like this. amazing!

Kari said...

I love how this turned out! Beautiful!

Maria Elena said...

Your office looks so pretty! You did a wonderful job with this room!

The Single Nester said...

I am jealous. I just redid my guest room into a home office and yours looks so much better than mine!

Jena @ Involving Color and Home said...

Alicia, this is the perfect workspace! I love the soft yellow paint color and that curtain fabric is amazing! Great job!

Jenny said...

Wow, I seriously LOVE everything in this room, so glad I found you through Jena @Involving Color! So glad to be following you!

Jenny@NorthwestLovelies said...

It's so beautiful and relaxing! I love the colors! I would love to have that space! Beautiful work!

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

So pretty, I love it!
Thanks for linking.
XO
Kristin

Claudia Fabiana said...

What a lovely home you have! I am a new follower. Stop by and say Hi sometime soon...

ciao!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...